do you have to warm up baby food?

I was just wondering if you had to warm baby food up, like when you are out and about and dont have a microwave avaliable. or is it okay to warm up diner baby foods and not the fruit?

Amanda2430

Asked by Amanda2430 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no..you can...i never did
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i never warmed up anything. even when it came straight out of the fridge. its more according to babies preference. if he won't eat it cold than go ahead and warm it up a bit and see if he likes it that way. but if you start out by warming it up thats what he'll want all the time and you'll be stuck having to warm it up each time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I didn't warm any of the baby food or formula, my son preferred it room temp or even cold. It's more of a preference of the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i just always though it would give them a upset belly, thats way i asked.
    Amanda2430

Answer by Amanda2430 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• you don't have to. I did b/c my son preferred it to be warm. At almost 2, he still won't drink cold milk. I have to heat it to at least room temperature. It won't hurt them not to though.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think that's the beaty of jarred foods. They can last out in room temperature and be served like that. I make my own baby food, but on occasion I take jarred food when we go on trips and it's very convenient.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009