How much milk does a 14 month old need in a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i believe only 16 oz.....not 100% sure. i know at this age make sure it is vit d milk
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 9:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Per my ped between 16 and 20oz
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my 13 month old son drinks about 24 oz of milk a day
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have a 15 month old who drinks about 20 or so a day and a ton of juice, I think its a matter or if your giving him other dairy and other calcuim enriched foods such as cheese during the day.. my son eats cheese sticks and stuff like that at least once a day, and hes a VERY big boy :)
    marlycat1210

Answer by marlycat1210 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Don't know if this holds any water for you but the government guidelines say 16oz
    1cosmomommy

Answer by 1cosmomommy at 1:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The only milk my daughter ever had was mine.
    Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Harvard School of Public Health, on the Consumption of Dairy Products (2005):
    “The recommendation to drink three glasses of low-fat milk or eat three servings of other dairy products per day to prevent osteoporosis is another step in the wrong direction. … Three glasses of low-fat milk add more than 300 calories a day. This is a real issue for the millions of Americans who are trying to control their weight. What's more, millions of Americans are lactose intolerant, and even small amounts of milk or dairy products give them stomachaches, gas, or other problems. cont. reading here: www.milksucks.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009