what is the FIRST thing you think when you see a pregnant woman smoking?

I always just shake my head and walk away... its like "poor woman, so self indulged can't even THINK about anything other than herself"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I quit smoking as soon as I found out I was prego. I know how hard it is, but to me it wasn't even a question. It was just something I HAD to do. That being said it just disgusts me.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i always think "poor baby" but it's not mine so no reason to let it offend me any further.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Eww
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Maybe she's not pregnant! Maybe she's just fat and looks pregnant, but honestly even if she was pregnant and smoking I probably wouldn't notice. I mind my own business. I can't worry about what everyone else is doing. I really don't have the time, nor is it my place to judge somebody else. JMO
    Anonymous

• I think, poor baby, and trash all at the same time.
    Anonymous

• I really do try not to judge people but a pregnant woman smoking just grabs my attention. I used to smoke but quit when I found out I was pregnant. It does seem pretty selfish.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think " she can't even take care of the baby while its in the womb *the easiest time to take care of it* how in the world is she going to be able to take care of it once its born."
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• OP that has nothing to do with it!! The doctors tell you NOT to quit smoking b/c it causes too much extra stress on your already stressed body. They tell you to cut down, but don't try to quit completely. You should be saying, "poor me for judging other people's character without even knowing them." Please try to be more informed before you go spouting off at the mouth.
    Anonymous

• i think that poor baby.....thats disgusting and the poor baby doesnt even have a choice. so selfish. i use to smoke but the second i even thought i might be prego i quit on a drop of the dime. i would never in my life smoke when im preggers...if i wanna hurt myself then fine but i would never do that to a poor defensless baby
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• OP here- I was a smoker when I first found out I was pregnant, and my doctor told ME to quit, I honeslty think that woman that say there doctors told them not to quit either have HORRIBLE doctors or its just a HUGE excuse made up by all the pregnant mothers out there not strong enough to say
    " I smoke because I just can't quit"
    I would rather a woman be HONEST with me and tell me she just CAN"T do it, than blame it on her doctor, it makes you look worse.
    Anonymous