How do I avoid late-night snacking?

I've really really really got to lose weight. I'm trying, and trying not to eat past 6 pm or 8 pm at the very latest. However, it's 9 pm right now and I'm starving! I'm over on my calories today and haven't exercised at all and don't feel like it either. I really want to go make some yummy pasta-roni and eat it all up. What do you do to get your mind off the cravings and to stick with the weight-loss program?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 10:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Sugar free popsicles and puddings - very few calories and just enough to give you a treat...or fruit with fat free yogurt...its really hard. I am a night time eater - pizza pasta...so I hear ya... so is my husband and his sweet tooth is worse than mine. We have changed our diet considerably and I just don't have the temptations in the house. You could also have an apple with laughing cow cheese...none of that sounds as good as pasta...but if you want to lose weight you have to be committed to making healthy food choices....and if you are truly hungry then you shouldn't starve yourself because you are over your calories, pick a low-cal healthy snack to satisfy your cravings.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 10:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Go to bed at 8:30.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Go to bed earlier and drink more water.Water makes you feel full.
    sonnyswoman75

Answer by sonnyswoman75 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Drink water
    eat an apple
    brush your teeth

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Chew sugar free gum
    Drink a full glass of water
    STAY OUT of the kitchen, make dinner early.
    Make the kitchen off limits to you.
    Don't buy what you normally snack on at night.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Brush your teeth or chew a piece of gum...that usually works for me!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 3:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009