true blood?

have any of you realized that true blood isnt really alot about vampires but sex? i dont get it.

xhellxfirex495

Asked by xhellxfirex495 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• They do always seem to have a sex scene, but I disagree and think it is about vampires. My husband and I like the show.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Vampires through history are very sexual creatures. If you research the past stories, myths, etc of vampires you see it is a underlining tone. True Blood takes it to the next level but still is very much about vampires.
    Anonymous

• They definitely added more sex for the TV version. Sex isn't a key point in the books, they're not raunchy nasty novels that your mom would read.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The show has been changed so drastically from the books that I can't get into it. I agree that they added a HUGE amount of sex to the show. They also gave the supporting characters in the books a great deal more face time. Just think, if you didn't have to watch Tara, Jason, Sam and Lafayette's escapades, True Blood would be pretty bland... Just Read The Books! They are so much better!

Tracie1984

Answer by Tracie1984 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It is about vampires among other things. I'm about to start reading the books that the series is based off of, the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. For those that have read them, are they any good?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009