to vbac or not

i had to have a c-section with my daughter and now were pregnant again and my doctor said i could have a vbac if i wanted to but there was a chance i could rip!!! so my question is did you have a vbac and did you have any complications and would you recommend having one? thanks for your help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• VBAC. It's so worth it. I had a C-section with my first son and was told I could never have a baby naturally because it would be too dangerous. Not true. In most cases, a VBAC is safer than a Cesarean. There are several good books out there about VBAC's i.e. The VBAC Companion etc. I had a successful VBAC and would never go back. The difference is astounding between a VBAC and a section. Also, If your uterus is going to rupture, it would likely happen during pregnancy. My biggest advice is that knowledge is power. Find out for yourself if VBAC's are safe. There is SO much information out there. I have my VBAC and my C-section story on my website if you want to read it. Good luck on your decision.

http://www.birthinghands.com/about-karen/anthonys-birth-story-my-vbac/

utahdoulamom

Answer by utahdoulamom at 11:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had a c/s a little over a year ago. It was a very disappointing experience. So I hope to VBAC future children. I do have that little fear on the back of my mind of uterine rupture but that chance is very small.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I personally have not had a VBAC but I do know that every federal medical group encourages VBACs. I believe the risk of rupture is between 1 - 3% which honestly is very good odds. I know certain induction measures raise the chances because of the strength of contractions produced. I want to say Cytotec is the worst one, but it might be Cervadil. I'm having a brain fart. Go to http://www.ican-online.org/ because they have all the resources compiled together with all the information. Hope I helped, good luck!
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Here's this too, it's a 10 yr population based study on unterine rupture ...
    http://www.ican-online.org/vbac/uterine-rupture-a-10-year-population-based-study-uterine-rupture
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I hope you get some more responses from VBAC moms, since they've done both. I've only had vaginal deliveries, but if I ever needed a c/s and had children after, I would VBAC, no question. There are too many risks with repeat c/s for me to chance it. Have you checked out the www.ican-online.org website? Ican stands for International Cesarean Awareness Network and they have a LOT of information, resources and support for moms who've had one or multiple cesareans. Good luck!
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I actually didn't have a VBAC. My first son was born vaginally so I went through all that stuff with him. With my second son, I had an emergency c/s. With my third son, I was given the option to have a VBAC, but I was afraid I'd rip and also my incision from my previous pregnancy was vertical. So I had my little guy by repeat. I hear that the ripping from a VBAC is slim..but thats all up to you.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009