baby names goodness so many to chose from

when i found out i was expexting the father and i made a deal i pick the girls and he picks the boys
wellll we have having a boy!!
i am 22 weeks and he still refuses to pick a name what should i do we have tried everything
baby name books
websites
he shoots them all down
any advice?

markee_leann

Asked by markee_leann at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son is named Aiden, but I also was considering Nolan, Chase or Logan. Tell him if he doesn't have a name picked by a certain date that you're picking one!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Oh and if he gets mad about it you can blame it on hormones :)
    sbastille

• That is the way my husband and I were. I would pick girls he would pick boys. But we still discussed them. We both had a book of names and had internet too. We both made a list of names we liked and ones we would consider. then we went through the lists at the end of the night and we came up with Jacob Dylan.
    I am babysitting a boy whose name is Brayden and they call him Brady.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I picked William Gauge for my first baby. And we call him Gauge. It isn't heard a lot around here so I liked that. But he also has the option of going by William when he gets older. And for our second baby (he isn't here yet! one more month!) I picked Riley Jaxon and we are going to call him Jax. Again, its an uncommon name. But neither name is weird. Just uncommon. I'd go for something you don't hear a lot. But normal enough that he won't get made fun of.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I told my EX that he could pick the name (while we were together LOL) well he REFUSED to put any names on the table, and when I would ask about one, he would automatically HATE IT.
    well, I emailed him last week and told him what his sons name will be and he threw a HUGE fit, I was like, DUDE u left me while I was pregnant with your kid- do u think you have ANY say in the name, pregnancy, let alone his LIFE???!?!
    sorry- I just kind of let off some emotional steam in your question. MY BAD- i needed that though. thanks
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thats what my husband and I did. I get to pick girl names, he can pick boy names. We do talk about them and I wanted him to agree with our daughter's name and he did (Lydia). Before we knew what we were having, Lydia was called Baby Scott (our last name) and I was getting tired of calling her that so when we found out, we started calling her Lydia. Tell him that your son needs a name so you can stop calling him baby or boy when you talk about him.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009