swollen

my feet and legs are sooo swollen they hurt, i put them up like im told and NOTHING works they hurt to touch etc what can i do to help the pain and the swolleness

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? swelling is a sign of hypertension/preeclampsia. I would call OB ASAP

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The only thing that helped me at all was soaking in the pool. If you don't have one I would serisously reccomend investing in a membership to the Y or a gym in your area. I was swollen up to my thighs and they ended up inducing me because of it. Also, reduce your salt intake and drink a ton of water. I'm having flashbacks just thinking about it. Atleast it won't last forever so hang in there!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree with the PP, check your blood pressure right away. Even if you have to go to the grocery store to do it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if you take a finger tip and push into the area that is swollen and you hold it there for a minute, take it off and see if your skin stays indented. if so you have edema. You need to drink plenty of water, a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and keep you legs up, more than likely it will not go away until you deliver baby. I started swelling at 31 weeks and when I delivered at 40 weeks, i couldn't put my socks on my feet they were so huge, my shoes wouldn't go on tied or untied, and bedroom shoes were too small too. i could barely walk and was so uncomfortable. take ibuprofen for the pain and swelling and try to avoid hot baths.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• im 38 weeks on saturday my doc knows about it im having the baby early hes inducing me i go to see him tomorrow anyway
    Anonymous

• the problem with the grocery store is there not always kept up with, they fail on maintaining a proper gauge, so every store your blood pressure would be diff. My OB told me NEVER to trust them, not even at wal-greens.

call ur OB

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• what are you talking about a grocery store for?that has NOTHING to do with the question,
    Anonymous

• Yes a grocery store did have to do with the question. Extreme swelling is a sign of preeclampsia. You need to have your blood pressure checked and you can go to the grocery store to do it. Why ask a question if your not going to read ALL of the responses!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009