repost- never got an answer, anyone please?

burning during contractions?
I have never gone into labor on my own before so please be patient with me. I have been loosing chunks of my plug all day and now my normal braxton hicks are starting to burn down low in the bottom of my belly and my cervix, like a really bad burning stretchhing pain...do these sound like real contractions? Should I start timing them? I have only ever had contractions before with pitocin, and these are painful, but no where near as bad as with the meds, so I dont know if I am jumping the gun or what, but they do really hurt...without timing them I would guess about 7-10 minutes apart. Whats your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wish I could help hun, but I never went into labor so I don't know.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't remember feeling a burning sensation...but I'd call L&D or your doctor and just ask. Doesn't hurt to ask.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if they are constant and regular then yes, you are in labor, if you notice your contractions get closer together or more intense, get ready to head to the hospital, the burning part I am unsure about, I never had the burning sensation until the baby was coming out of me. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• oh, if you get a contraction and you have to stop what you are doing and cannot talk, then you are in labor, if you cannot eat or have no appetite, have diarrhea, you are in labor.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would call your ob and see what they think you should do. If they are contractions some doctors like you to wait until they are 5 minutes apart before going to the hospital unless you are like me and have babies very quickly. But, if you really are not sure ask your doctor. They will be able to give you directions on what to do.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• call you doctor and let them know.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think it's probably one of those things that are different for everyone. For me, contractions kind of make me feel like I can't breathe for some reason.

I have had pitocin so I know exactly what you are talking about. The difference between natural contractions and pitocin contractions (to me) is that with the pitocin, a contraction works like a light switch...on or off...full intensity while on. Natural contractions work just like a wave...growing stronger, peaking and then dulling out.

Try drinking a big cold glass of water, laying on your left side, taking a warm shower. These things increase the blood flow to your uterus. Sometimes our uteruses just get cranky. If these aren't "the real thing" they'll go away. If they ARE the real thing, eventually the pattern will even out, they will be stronger and last longer.

It's not going to hurt to time them though.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i would say it sounds like labor but i had a sechudal c so idk
    orion07

Answer by orion07 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• IT sounds like it could be real labor to me. But try Mama Jen's suggestion, that sounds like the best idea.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It sounds like what happened to me with my second pregnancy... my daughter dropped so low, so early, that by 36 weeks i had seperated the cartiledge in my pelvic area! It hurt but it would BURN during BH because the pressure down there got to be too much
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009