now she's not eating!!!

Cadence was just sleeping all day (still is) and when she is awake for the ten minutes that it's been between naps she won't eat a thing. She's had a raspberry a bite of a pretzel a not even half of a muffin and about 6 ounces of a bottle. What do I do? I'm starting to get worried.

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 10:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her to the hospital, if she is sleeping a lot as you said, and not eating she needs to be seen.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Don't worry it will pass. I worried about my daughter not eating enough too and her dr. told me babies/ toddlers will eat when they are hungry. It is pretty much impossible for them to starve themselves their bodies will make them eat. If she is still doing it a a day or 2 call the dr. But I bet she will eat soon.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i agree to the hospital you dont want her to fall bellow 5% then its really bad
    orion07

Answer by orion07 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• That is if it has only been today that she did this. If it has been going on for more that a day go to the ER
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Call your doctor for sure!!! They can advise you on whether you should go to ER or not. You don't want her to get dehydrated.
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 11:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would not bother with the solid food idea and wake her up every 5 hours to drink some formula. Definitely call your daughter's doctor. I don't know how old she is, but it is not normal for a baby to sleep all day. If you cannot get ahold of her doctor or a on-call doctor, take her to the emergency room or urgent care clinic to be evaluated.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009