who here goes to a pentecostal church???

I would love to find someone to email my endless list of questions and hopefully get some answers. I have never been to a pentecostal church before and I have been going to one for the last 4 months I love it but I dont understand everything.
Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do!!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Plz PM me... I have a dear friend here on CM who is United Pentecostal and I will be happy to give you her PM addy to talk to..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I do... Assembly of God...
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i used and now i dont... personally from my experience I would say run while you still can when my husband and I left our pentecostal church we got calls at 3 in the morning saying my baby was going to die if i didnt come back to church (i was 5 months pregnant at the time) the also stalked my husband at his place of employment while he was working 3rd shift trying to bully us to go back that is why I say run
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Don't blame every Pentecostal church because you ran into a really bad one. I don't care what title is on a church you must know your bible and judge if they are living by its standards. ANY church that makes their own rules for holiness you need to RUN!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I grew up pentecostal and although non-denom still has a pentecostal feel/lean. I've been to various types of pentecostal churches... some very conservative.. no pants no make-up etc... to pants and make up are okay. There's variations in the teachings. Some focus alot on legalism such as different rules they have like how you dress etc. Others just focus on teaching the word and a relationship with God.

Feel free to PM me, would be happy to answer any questions you have. When I say I grew up in pentecostal. Went to a pentecostal church all my life until about 5 years ago and my dad was a pastor for 25 of those years.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• "Judge if they are living by its standards" goes against its standards.

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and mind your own business." I Thess 4:11

"Judge not, lest ye be judged for in the same manner you judge others, so shall ye be judged" Matthew Chapter 7

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone." John 8:7-9

"worry about the log in your own eye." Matthew 7:5 and Luke 6:42

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Luke 6:31

"Love thy neighbor as thyself." Mark 12:31

I have never, in all my life, (as a Christian) been chased down and proverbially beaten with the word of God as I have with Pentecostals who feel it is their God-given right to make absolute truths out of every verse they choose to take literally and then banter people until they either go screaming from the Christian faith or conform out of fear that fire and brimstone are eminent.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I go to an Assembly of God. I grew up in the church. My dad was a pastor until his health declined.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I do
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I grew up Pentecostal and am now going to an Assembly of God. We're not the long skirts, no make-up type, but Pentecostal nonetheless. True Christians are not as described above, the stalking and scaring. I'm embarrassed for those churches. Please feel free to message me anytime!!

What a Pentecostal really is: we still believe and practice the gifts of the Holy Spirit, we praise the Lord in all forms (lifting of hands and dancing), etc. I would love to talk to you!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009