this might sound nasty and it is

i just moved into this house and it has roaches i just seen one it was only one big one and i killed it.. What are some safe ways to get ride of them around kids? i have never had roaches before im about to freak

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When I moved into our first apartment, they had roaches and fleas. I mean roaches running for cover when you turned on the lights and the fleas would yell, "Picnic!" whenever you sat on the floor....

We bombed the H-E-L-L out of the place.

Never saw another...

Make sure if you do this that all your cooking utensils and anything like toothbrushes are out of the house. Then wash down all eating surfaces, etc.

I'm sorry I don't know of an "eco-friendly" way to get rid of these pests.

When the world comes to an end, roaches will still roam....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have one of those plug in bug killers from Riddex. It works great. I have not seen an ant or spider in months. At first it will make what ever bugs you have in the house, go completely insane. It sends electrical pulses through the air and shocks the bugs. It is completely safe to use around pets and children, just no pet mice. I got mine from Ebay and for $15. One will take care of one floor home.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• borax and bay leaves. make sure that everything in your kitchen is dry at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009