Sleep problems

Ok. Until three months ago, at 7 months, Tani would sleep through the night now she gets up at 1 am and again at 3-4. She gets up at 6:30/7 Naps between 11 & 3 (sometimes depends on when she falls asleep & where), nods off for about 45 minutes around 5 and falls asleep about 9.
Here is the main problem. Her temperature spikes when she sleep (just like her dad- a living furnace) when I am tired mine drops. She needs the warmth to go to sleep fully. If I dress too warmly and start to sweat, she fusses and doesn't go into rem. If I put her in her crib before she is fully asleep, she is up & screaming. So either I hold her for her naps or I have to lay down with her or have her in the car seat.
This has to stop. I'm getting too loopy in the morning and she is getting her way too much. Her bottles are given at nap & bed time and depending on her mood at the 3am feeding.
Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she teething? My son used to sleep all night too until around 7 months. He spikes fevers sometimes due to teething and a lot of times it bothers him more at night. Also around this age separation anxiety sets in. You just have to keep reassuring her she's ok at naps and bedtime. I have this music thing on my son's crib that puts a projection of pictures on the ceiling. I put that on and he watches it until he falls asleep. If he seems irritated by teething I'll give him some motrin at bed time. Do you give her solids yet? If you do I would suggest a snack with her bedtime bottle before you put her down.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• How many naps is she taking? Maybe she is not getting enough bottles during the daytime? Try to aim for 28-32oz of formula/breastmilk during the daytime. Also, I find that my son slept better when I dress him in a light cotton onesie and a very light cotton sleeper. Keep the room at a comfortable temperature . Maybe you could use a fan on a low setting at nighttime. My son was a terrible sleeper at 7 months old, only because there was a lot going on. They are going through rapid development growths at that time and becoming more aware of their surrondings. You also have to consider teething. Try some tylenol or motrin at night if you think she may be teething. Offer her a pacifier if she will take one when she wakes up at nighttime. It will get better.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009