WHATTT?????

What does your 8 month old eat??? My daughter will only eat a few bites of baby food then she wants her bottle....im a first time mom and am VERY new with what to feed her besides her bottle...Thank you

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pediatrician always told me that a baby will eat what and when they're ready to eat. They'll never starve themselves. Problem is, bottles aren't as filling/satisfying as babyfood so she probably eats pretty frequently.
    Neither of my girls liked plain baby cereal so I used to mix cereal with the baby fruit. They ate it right up.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 10:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• aw. honey calm down lol. my dd was like that too. dont worry. start watering down the formula or milk so it becomes less desirable. maybe introduce a sippy cup. a sippy with a squishy top lik a bottle nipple. it should help a little
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would not water down the formula, I would just decrease the amount she gets. this is what my DD was eating when she was 8 months
    breakfast, rice or oatmeal (cereal) mixed with a jar of fruit or some yogurt 6 oz bottle
    lunch, a jar of meat and veggies and a jar of fruit 6 oz bottle
    dinner, a jar of meat and veggies and a jar of fruit with a little dessert and a 8 oz bottle (then a bath and bed)
    she also ate a bottle before each nap (she had 2)
    for snacks she ate gerber puffs and gerber freeze dried fruits. Her eating habits are going to be learned not an automatic response. You have to be patient and consistent and keep introducing her to foods every day and for every meal she will pick it up soon. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Don't water down formula at that age. They still get most of the nutrients from that. I wouldn't worry though. She's probably still figuring out how to eat the new foods. If she has some teeth try giving her soft table foods, like broken up crackers, puffs or cut up bananas. Try new foods one at a time maybe. She'll get better at it.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Don't worry about the amount of food she is eating right now. At this age, she is still getting most/all of her nutrients from formula. Food is not necessary in the first year of life. They are simply practice. Maybe she is bored with baby food? My son loved diced bananas at that age, and gerber puffs/yougurt melts. Watering down formula is a bad idea.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Maybe she doesn't like the texture of baby food. My daughter (10 months) wasn't really interested until we moved from the drippy foods to the thicker foods. I basically skipped to stage 3 after a few jars of stage 1 and 2... only fruits and veggies though. I waited to give her meats. And there are a lot of things you can give her as far as fresh food - my daughters favorite right now is avocado. Try this website - www.wholesomebabyfood.com - has a lot of great ideas on what to feed when, things to try, and what to be careful of. Good luck!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 12:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I give my 8 month old twins puffs or cheerios for a snack or appetizer. They get infant cereal every morning for breakfast with a banana, either cut up or mashed with the cereal. I make my own purees and baby food. I usually give them cooked sliced carrots or baby carrots for lunch or even peas or green beans (they self feed a lot more now). Sometime this week I will introduce scrambled egg yolks and start giving them meat around 9 months. I only give them Gerber baby food (mixed with cereal to thicken it) if I am away from home during a meal.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009