can I give her milk?

okay sorry to keep posting. but she's only 10 months old and eats cheese which is dairy. do you think we can try milk to see if she'll take that. Just to try and get something in her? Did anyone else try milk 2 months early?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't, I would stick with the breastmilk or formula that she is on for a couple more months. It has nutrients and vitamins and antibodies that whole milk does not. Is she having a problem with what ever she is on now?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i gave my dd milk at 6 months. ask the dr if your not sure.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• At 10 1/2 months my dd refused to drink formula anymore, I had no choice but to go ahead with whole milk. It was that or nothing.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Switch to milk instead of formula... no. But it would not hurt to give her a little bit of milk with her snacks, or whatever. At that age my son was still drinking his formula regularly, but I did give him two ounces of whole milk here and there, especially if I ran out of juice and didn't feel like giving him plain water. He still prefers formula over milk, and he is past one. We're using the next step formula until I can get him to drink whole milk regularly.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• ask your pediatrician, but I think milk is better to closer to a year old
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my pedi told me yesterday that we can start with little sips of milk here and there if we want, but watch for gassiness or other allergy symptoms and obviously don't replace her formula with it
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i started giving my daughter whole milk at about 10 months...but just lil sips here and there..she loooved it!! so if you do keep it to the minimal..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We gave our youngest son whole milk when he was 10 months old. It actually helped out with his constipation and he took it really well. He drinks milk like it's going out of style.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009