Is Homosexuality a Healthy Lifestyle? (Truth besides what the bible says)

What do you think about this?

" Promiscuity. If one agrees with the assertion that being promiscuous is not healthy, from either an emotional or physical standpoint, then homosexuality as typically practiced must be termed extremely unhealthy. Homosexualities, an official publication of The Institute for Sex Research founded by Alfred Kinsey, Alan Bell, and Martin Weinberg, reported that only ten percent of male homosexuals could be termed as "relatively monogamous" or "relatively less promiscuous." Additional findings showed that 60 percent of male homosexuals had more than 250 lifetime sexual partners, and 28 percent of male homosexuals had more than 1,000 lifetime sexual partners. Another startling fact is that 79 percent admitted that more than half of their sexual partners were strangers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sin is unhealthy for you in general. Have you ever seen a Christians before and after picture? Wow! What a difference. When a person repents and becomes a believer have you notice how much younger they look? Sin eats at you like a cancer.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Just a few years after the publication of this report, Dr. William Foege, the director of the Centers for Disease Control, stated: "The average AIDS victim has had 60 different sexual partners in the past twelve months."40 In contrast with this, "the average heterosexual male has — throughout his life — from five to nine sex partners."41

What about lesbian relationships? Are homosexual women less promiscuous than homosexual men? While less research has been done on lesbians, the data shows that they are much more monogamous than homosexual men. However, their relationships are still not very secure. Yvonne Zipter, a lesbian writing in Chicago's gay journal Windy City Times, in an article entitled "The Disposable Lesbian Relationship," notes that the "lasting lesbian relationship" is a "mythic entity."42

(2) Sexual Practices. A second item that cannot be avoided in a discussion of the health aspects of homosexuality is
    Anonymous

• I don't think that has anything to do with sexual preference homo vs. hetero. It is spelled out plain as day...it has to do with haphazardness and recklessness. It has to do with exactly what it says...promiscuity. A healthy lifestyle, homo OR hetero is constituted by general health management, stress management, happiness and good, healthy relationships - whether gay or straight. There are a lot of heterosexuals who can share the same stats that are listed above, but nobody wants to read or do research about that, do they?!
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 11:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Well, the really progressive people are going to assert that no one should judge the homosexual lifestyle. Who are we to judge?

So, for me, the Bible is my only defense in this argument.

I mean, if you aren't going to have faith in what God has to say about it, what logic would you use?

Beacause I said it's wrong?

Because you said it's wrong.

Because Susie, Jack and Wanda said it's wrong?
    The next person will just say, "Who cares what they think, they're just humans!"
    And their pathetic, liberal selves would be right.
    God says it's wrong, and how can you argue with that, unless you're an atheist.
    It's plenty good enough for me.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It can be. Or not...

Just like any other lifestyle.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wonder what type of responses you are seeking from women here? Even most of the Christians here are luke warm fence sitters.So they believe being gay is all fine and good.
    Anonymous

• Well that only took 3 answers before it turned ugly. Being gay, in and of itself is no more, or less healthy that being straight. Promiscuity is unhealthy for anyone.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Your article does not match up with the title. Your title lead me to believe that you found some evidence that homosexuality is unhealthy.

On the contrary, your article says that promiscuous homosexuality is unhealthy because ALL promiscuous behavior can be unhealthy. So basically, the article says that homosexual promiscuity is no different than heterosexual promiscuity. Hmm.. I agree!

The article does not address the health of homosexuals in monogamous relationships.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• *sigh* well according to Grace, I must be an athiest then. Glad the ultimate judgment is up to God though.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think it's more unhealthy to worry about what everyone else is doing.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009