stepped on glass

small piece but i cant get it out. do i just leave it alone and let it works its way out.. im afraid by using the tweezers im digging the piece even deeper into my foot.. thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• I would go to the dr and get it removed. It can get infected and you don't want the wound to heal around it.
    Anonymous

• I did that last week. Do you have epsom salts? I soaked my foot in those and gently rubbed the area where the glass was with the crystals. It lifted it out without a problem. I also have some drawing salve I always keep on hand for stuff like that. You have to ask the pharmacist for it but if nothing else just try soaking your foot and gently rubbing the area with a wash cloth.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Go to the doctor and get it removed. You may need a tetanus shot too.
    Anonymous

• Unless it is an extremely deep puncture wound in an area where there was a bunch of manure of some sort you do not need a tetanus shot. I would try the epsom salt thing and also soak until you are all wrinkly and then put some duct tape over it and see if that will pull it out. Drawing salve is great too and you can get it online or at many health food stores or ask the pharmacist. You definitely don't want the wound to heal around it though. I had a sliver of glass that I didn't know was there and it healed and later (like months later) it decided to get infected and it was a pretty nasty ordeal. As long as the wound is open though you should still be able to get it out somehow.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009