Experience with Threatened Miscarriages

My sister found out she is pregnant about 2 weeks ago. I got a call from her today and she told me she had to go to the ER on saturday because of bleeding and cramping. They told her she had a threatened miscarriage and that she needed to go to the DR in 2 days to check her quant levels and see if they doubled. So she went to the DR on Monday and yesterday they called and said her quant levels went from 246 to 521 so they had more than double. The DR said the pregnancy is going in the right direction but she still isn't out of the woods because she is still bleeding.

Any of you mamas ever have a threatened miscarriage and what was the outcome? Any info will help. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hi yes I had a bad bleed too and needed bed rest and no heavy lifting plus get vitamin k in carnation drinks ect., to stop bleeding -healthy 10.10 pound baby!
    Anonymous

• I started some bleeding early in my pregnancy, too. I have heard that natural progesterone supplementation can stop this.
    They had me come for an ultrasound and found everything to be okay. I only bled a few days, but I was very scared I would lose our only baby that we had tried to conceive for five years!
    I ended up having my son about three weeks early. He's fine.
    Anonymous

• no lifting at all can you move in with her for a while to help out? I know I needed a lot of help being so close to another bad bleed!?
    Anonymous

• I just had a m/c this past New Years Day. I started bleeding at 12 weeks along. I sent to the ER and the doctors did several test on me. Unfortunantely, my blood levels were at a 4-5 week gestation instead of 12 weeks, so my baby stopped growing. When they did my u/s there was nothing in the sac. I was sent home to see the local doctor. Well on New Years Day, we were at walmart picking up some things. By the time we got home and we were unloading our things, I started to have bad cramping which turned into contractions and I miscarried that night. I had to go through 4 weeks of blood test.

I've heard some ladies having a healthy pregnancy while they were bleeding. GL to your sister.

azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009