• In the Spotlight:

problems with work and pregnancy

I have been having issues at work...I wanna give a little background info before I ask my question:

-I was put on bed rest at 1 month pregnant and didn't return to work until recently.
- I just started my new job 2 weeks ago, I am 26 weeks pregnant.
- When interviewing I made it clear that I wouldn't be giving my job 100% because I am pregnant and haven't work in a while, they said that'd be fine.

Okay, so my managers have been very hard on me since I started working, they expect me to do enough work for 3 people during my shift and I've been getting off an hour-hour and a half later each day. They are always yelling at me because I don't work as fast as they think I should but I have to say that I bust my butt to get work done and really try.

Since I started working I have been having a lot of braxton hicks and I feel like I'm going to have diarrhea all the time but don't have it. (more to come)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have also had some pretty sharp and crampy pains in my belly and my baby doesn't move nearly as much and not as strong as before. I feel really icky, lots of pressure down there.

Given all this info, do you think I should try and tough it out? Am I just overreacting about the managers because of hormones? Should I say something? and does it sound like if I keep working I may end up with complications.

Oh, and my bed rest only last a few weeks..I just choose not to return to work until now.
    Anonymous

• They should not be treating you like that. If there's anyway possible I would quit if I were you. I wouldn't risk my baby's health. If you want, you can ask your doctor at your next appointment. Good luck!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• that is not right how they are treating you, you are PREGNANT! i'm so sorry hun, if at all possible i would quit, i would not put up with that BS. there is NO WAY i would ever risk my babys health over a job.. and i'm sure you feel the same way. definitely talk to your doctor; and if you do quit, you can still collect unemployment because of the way you were treated being as you are pregnant.
    good luck sweetie!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 11:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my boss is RIDICULOUS! I too am 26 weeks, but right at 5 months, i broke my foot, and we have no elevators or anything to get to my upstairs office, and he wanted my two guy coworkers to CARRY ME up the stairs! I called our safety department, and HR, and now I am on short term disability...it were either that, or quitting! So go higher than your managers! There isn;t much they can deny you of being pregnant. If worse comes to worse, get a note from your dr!!! My boss wanted me carried up the stairs and i told him "but im 5 months pregnant" and all he said was "well you were 5 months pregnant when you broke your foot too" haha MEN! But its been a big hassle, and he thought i would be out for like 2 weeks, but its been over a month now because my dr. said NO STAIRS! Thats what he gets! good luck to you!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Polish up your resume. You need a new job.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009