Preeclampsia

If you;ve had it, how did you find out? What were the "tell-tell" signs that made you think that might be what it was and how far along were you? I've been having rapid heartbeat, a little blurred vision, shortness of breath, and pain under my right rib...which are all signs, but i have NO swelling of anything, and my b/p was 126/58...i called my dr, and they wanted me to go to L&D tonight if it got bad, but idk if im just overreacting and just have a rapid heartbeat...its averaging 100 BPM resting now, so its calmed down...just wondering yals opinions and stories!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it twice and didn't really have any physical symptoms. I got a headache when my bp was going down not up. I was about 28-30 weeks with both. The pain under the rib cage could be gallbladder. When your pg there is no such thing as over reacting. If it gets worse, even a little, I would go in. 100 bpm seems kind of high for a resting heartbeat. By any chance do you have asthma? I have asthma and when I hit around 4-6 months, the baby was pushing everything up and it made it hard to breath.  If you can't catch your breath it can make you dizzy and raise your heartrate.  Good luck and hope you figure it out so you can feel better.

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i had it when i was 37 weeks, i swelled up like a balloon, and had a bad headache one night that they told me to go to the hospital..well i ended up having my son the next morning. i didnt even know i has preclampisa til that night. it just was all the sudden
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009