Help...

My is 7 months old. She has absolutely NO interest in trying to hold her bottle. I thought that maybe if I tried a sippy with a soft spout maybe she would be more interested. Do you think this will work or should I wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ds didn't hold his own bottle until he was after that age. Just give her time.
    Anonymous

• you could try a sippy with handles my daughter could hold the cup easier than the bottle. She started drinking from a cup at 4 months.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My DS just started to hold his bottle a week ago. He is 10 months.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Just encourage her, but don't expect her to hold her bottle until she is about a year old. My son started at 7 months old, but did not do it regularly until he was about 10 months old. Now, he won't let me hold his bottle, and I miss it. (Although I still make him sit on my lap when he drinks it if I am not too busy!) There's also a Nuby botttle that has handles to make it easier for babies?
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if you dont prop it,it usually takes longer for them to figure it out.. give it time
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009