Why my son throw up sometimes?...

Hello my name is yeidelin i have a son 4 years old he's been throwing up since he was a year older maybe early then that so i really don't know what else to do.. he use to a lot before seem like he's geting maybe better before just from crying he throw up in the bed time , morning time , i can say all the time but still doing it . very picky eater so is so hard for me what to give him all the time becouse for any things he just do it i get to the point then i told maybe he probocate the vomiting frequently thats what i think he make himself to throw up just to stop eating or somenthing then he don't want to do it, anyway i took his pediatrics doctor several times 2 of then in the same office see my son they told me not to be worry to much some kids are like that as long his not losing weigth is fine, but still is not ok for me it gata be somenthing to make him like that is not normal to me and im tired see him like that?

yeide

Asked by yeide at 11:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Any sugestion please defenitely i will go for a second opinion but i will like to hear from any one somenthing maybe similar to my case thanks a lot .........:)
    yeide

Answer by yeide at 11:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My kids dont do this but if he is doing itw hne he is crying or upset it is not abnormal and personally i do not think will hurt him(unless he is throwing up all the time).
    If hehas been getting better with it then I bet he will grow out of it. Tell him if he is going to get sick get to the toilet!!(my son could at that age when throwing up) or have puck buckets around for him to use.
    Good Luck

I dont know if you hav ewatched that Jon and Kate plus 8 but one of there lil girls gets sick when she is upset, so it happens.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I know how upsetting this can be to a parent. But, if the doctor says he is fine - and you say that he can throw up when he does not want to each certain food - then you should know that there are children who can Make themselves throw up just to get attention from their parents. My grandson did this for a little while. The more YOU get upset - the more he is going to do this. So, try to stay CALM and Don't let him SEE you get upset. Ignore what he's doing as long as his doctor says he's not sick. If you feel he's doing it on purpose - then he has learned how to get what he wants - to UPSET YOU. Please try to be calm the next time - clean it up - and remove him from the table without saying anything to him. - offer NO more food until next meal . When he is no longer getting attention when he throws up - he might stop doing it. The important thing is that YOU don't get so upset in front of him. God Bless YOU!
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 4:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• From the time my daughter was about 18 months until she 9 or 10, we called her Princess Puke. Everytime she had a cold, ate junkfood, cried too hard, she would throw up.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• How do you respond when he throws up? Sometimes, kids will do it for attention. If he gets positive attention from you, it may encourage him to keep doing it. I wouldn't give negative attention, but wouldn't coddle him and would enocurage him to help clean up his own mess too. Just be sure to act as though it doesn't bother you at all and it's perfectly normal.

I have a hard time figuring out exactly when he's doing it. If it's just when he's crying, it could have to do with him crying too hard or once again trying to get attention. Or even a physical problem. BUt if he's growing and all, it may not be a big enough issue to be concerned with. If he does it after he eats, as though he eats becuase he has to then just wants to get it out of his sytem, I"d talk to him. Try to get him to tell you why he's doing it, if it's on purpose, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009