what should i do i am 16 and just had a baby girl?

not giving up for adoption keeping the baby wat to do to get my life off the ground

Brittany16

Asked by Brittany16 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Finish school, I guess?

Get a part time job?

Get child support?

I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• girl someone will be bashing you in a sec. so dont get offended!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• honey, i was 14 when i got pregnant. and now im happy. im 17 with a 21 month old baby girl. depending on what you mean, what you should do, is finish school. thats the first thing. i couldnt because my parents pretty much forced me to drop out. specify a little more. message me. ive been in that position before. everything is going to be fine. and if you need advice im here to help :)
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• get a job asap and MAKE your life better. priority number one, her. number 2, you always remember that. If you dont like your life now then MAKE it better.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• ya dont take all those bitches personally. i get it all the time. omg ur going no where focus on school, blah blah blah. ya whatever. i dont care. there are good people here though. dont listen to the other rude selfish ignorant people.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Good luck hun! It's not going to be easy, but if you want to keep your baby, you just have to work hard. If you have any fam to help you or the baby's father, find a way to work and to finish school.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Do you have a support group? Parents,aunts,friends,etc. The first thing you need to do is surround yourself with positive people. Life as you have known it, will no longer be. You now are responsible for a little one. It is not about you anymore but about the baby. You will do fine, just remember that no mother is perfect, and you too will make mistakes, but learn from them. Good luck!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• ya get a job lol. i had to get a job cause my parents have me pay rent. it doesnt have to be a great job, just get a job. i had one at pizza hut but got fired cause i had to call off one day...my first time calling off...cause i didnt have a sitter. well i just got a job at sonic. and i love it. who knows you might like it. i love having a job really. i cant wait to go to college though. right now thats a big priority. finish school. it might be hard but you can do it. if i can you can.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 1. finish school

2. get a job, babies are expensive.

3. get to know other moms in your area, trade off babysitting, get advice, etc.

Good luck.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 12:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• do you have family/friends that can help you? it's kind of hard to tell you what to do when your situation isn't known. if you aren't with the father, make sure he pays support! don't let him get off easy. educate yourself, for both schooling AND motherhood. you are responsible for your lo now, she depends on you for everything. while that is overwhelming, try to stay calm and relaxed. babies can sense tension. do you have support? take whatever help is offered to you. rest when your baby rests. do you live by yourself? if not and you have help, make sure you take it especially if/when you start to feel stressed. ask someone to watch your baby if you need 5 or 10 minutes to calm down and gather your thoughts. try to stay positive and enjoy every minute with your baby. time really will fly by.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009