We are at 35 weeks, today at the dr. after the Beta strept test, he told me I am 2cm dilated. So what do you think? Am iI going early? I didn't even stop work yet and he didn't seem concerned.

So I am running to get my Disability papers FAST!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've heard you can dilate a little as much as even a few weeks before you are going to give birth, i'm not an expert on that though because i never dilated past one and had to have a c-section because of that.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was dilated to about a 1 at 33 weeks, a 2 at 34 weeks, and didn't deliver until 37 weeks.

I have heard of women on here that dilate to a 2 or even a 3 and stop there, completely, and have to be induced.

So really, until you are 4cm and considered to be in "active labor" then theres nothing to worry about.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was dilated to 5 and having contractions (only at night) for 1 1/2 months before my water broke at 36.5 weeks.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Oh by the way I just stopped at 5 and still had little contractions for that whole time
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• With my DD I was dilated to 2 around 32 weeks...She didn't show up til 41 weeks. lol. So, unless you start feeling really hard contractions, I wouldn't worry about going early.. With DS, however, I went from 0 at 37 weeks, to being in labor at 38 weeks. Each pregnancy is different, BUT, that being said, dialation doesn't always mean baby is coming ;)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009