How many more will go as taxes go up?

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jun/23/231900/hav--tampa-cigars-closing-tampa-plant/news-metro/

Hav-a-tampa is closing its doors and moving over seas after the tax increase. 500 peoplelost their jobs. How many more will go when Obama is done taxing us to death. There are many more tax increases on the table.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So move... If your president is so horrible, and your job is gone, leave. Why are you still here? Why if were all going to be taxed to death, and there's no jobs, and the economy sucks, blah blah blah are all you complainers still here?
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Said like a person who probably receives more than their fair share of government assistance and has no idea what it is like to have to pay for others who cannot or will not take care of themselves. If those of us who hate what is happening to our country would leave then those who receive welfare would have no one to pay their way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Don't fret once her utilities go up and the price of pretty much everything one can purchase she will become a "complainer" too.Right now she still hasn't has not removed the rose colored glasses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Or paid any taxes????????.....................................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Alot if Obie gets half of what he wants passed. I really do not know how anyone will make it and that is the point they are not supposed to THey want us to be so desparate we will agree to the one world govy. Obie wants so badly.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You guys are terrible for being so rude to her! Shame on you and grow up! She is just asking a question in re: to jobs moving overseas due to taxes, and how it affects all of us.
    Let's face it...Obama is a scary man. He IS axing the shit out of us, and is no where near done. He is trying to push things through congress, secretly, that the media doesn't even report on! And he is all for socialism. He is a scary man, who has no real compitance when it comes to being the President. He has plans for this country that would make it's fore fathers roll over in their graves. And ignorant people like you who think he is a movie star, and are so far left wing...are just as freakin' nuts, as him. God help us as a country, and may God have mercy on your soul someday. You stupid, stupid people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Why are all of the people who are picking on one person having to do it anonymously? Are you that embarrassed by what YOU are saying?
    CrazyMom5480

Answer by CrazyMom5480 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am not embarrassed at all...Irene May, North Carolina! I think that it is going to get much worse before it gets better. I think that if there is any rally going on, it is just a peak to the wave that will be followed by a much bigger breaker. There will be more lay-offs. When taxes go up, which they are...make no mistake (i.e., taxes embedded in utilities, employment costs, etc...the list is enormous!) there HAS to be more lay-offs. If there is no money, there is no money. YOU CANNOT JUST PRINT MORE...rules of supply and demand, if there is a large supply, the proportional demand is less=product value decreases. This rule includes paper money! Next thing that will happen, and it is beginning, is inflation. All I can say is continue being thrifty...it is going to hit the fan soon. And btw, I have no intention of leaving the greatest country that ever existed, even if our entire economy ends up collapsing!
    wheresdmop

Answer by wheresdmop at 8:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• anaon:09
    Op is rude most of the time ,so what is your point?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! I'm not on any type of government assistance either so all of you other people can think of some other stupid comment. I also did not vote so I'm not on anyone's side, I'm just so sick of hearing people complain about it when there is NOTHING they can do about it. He is our president, get over it. If you all can have your stupid opinion then ba13ygrl1987 can have her opinion too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009