what do you think?

ok, ive been off and on with my ex for five years now. we recently broke up and had some harsh words. i recently found out that i may have cancer, and i told him. he wants to be here for me, like he was during my pregnancy even though it was someone elses.. do you think i should let him? he is the only person who knows about the cancer thing and i need someone to be there, but i dont know if i should let it be him. i love him and i want that, but i just dont know if the reasoning is good enough. tell me what you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He obviously cares about you. Let him help you through this! If you need to, make sure there are boundries and that he understands them.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• he does care. and must feel terrible about it. and the harsh words. i think you should let him be there. you need someone there right now anyhow. no one should go through this alone.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't think you would have told him if you didn't want him to be there for you or some how give you support. If he wants to be a friend let him. A real friend is hard to come by. If you can both forgive the harsh words tossed around before then allow him in. If he's doing it because he feels guilty, and will hold it against you later on, thank him for the offer and don't put yourselves through it.
    2bennettmom

Answer by 2bennettmom at 12:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• op: i know he does care, but i dont know if he thinks he has to be my rescuer.. i know he loves me, and i know i shouldnt have to be alone. im just confused and upset and thankful at the same time.. and scared to death
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i was kinda thinking he shouldn't be there cause if he left you again or hurt your feelings while in your condition wouldn't that be harder to take then to accept it now that he won't be there, after all it would be your choice. i would have people you can truly count on and frankly after 5 yrs of ups and downs. it seems your relationship just won't with stand the heat. i suspect you think he rather not be there although you feel is better then no one. maybe or maybe not.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You don't have to get back into a relationship with him in order for him to be there for you. I think what you want from him is for him to be your support, that person that you can talk to when you are terrified, or when you need to make a decision. Let him be there for you. If anything else is meant to come from it, it'll happen when it's right. You need someone to be there, why not let it be him?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Why is he the only one you've told? You should have told your family first. To me it seems like you use things to bring him back to your side knowing the kind of man he is.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• no, my family over exagerates stuff.. if everything comes out ok, i dont want the drama.. truthfully, i really dont have anyone..
    Anonymous