Is it possible to do all this by myself?

I am 5 months pregnant, 19 years old, and single. I put my faith in a man who walked out on me. I now have no job, no friends, and no life because I gave it up for him. Is it possible to live life by yourself? IDK how women do it. I have a new respect for single moms. I dont see how you do it. doctors appointments by myself, birthing classes, decorating the babys room, and just living life. alone. How do you do it? alone.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a single mom for the first 8 years of my sons life. It wasn't always easy but my son was always worth it. I was determined to give my son a loving and stable life. I have a great relationship with my son due to being a single mom the first 8 years of his life. I am now married (have been for 6 years). Our life before I was married was fine, I have great parents and my mother kept my son while I worked. You can do it, and you will do it. Have faith in yourself, you are stronger then you know.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It is possible, but it's hard. My mom did it. I dont have any advice, but i do wish you luck! But in the end, it'll be worth it. You'll have that sweet baby to hold and love! Ill pray for you.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you dont have to be alone. that us tough and i know how you feel. im 17 with a 21 month old my fam doesnt give a shit even though i live with them and i dont see anyone outside of work because my parents think i should be alone because i have a kid. im not single but i hardly see my df. it is tough. you have freinds here. you could also see if some people from work would like to do something. when you dont have freinds it makes life alot mroe difficult.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm 20 wks and alone... only I have a 4 yr old daughter on top of it all. I wonder sometimes if this is something I can even handle but I think you do your best when you have no choice and know no other way. msg me if you want to talk and GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I put my faith in my ex-husband and I have been raising my son by myself for 8 years. He pays child support but the past year he has even been failing my son with that. We are in between court dates but I must say I would not have been able to it without my mom and my dad R.I.P. left me a home that is paid for. It is a very different bonding experience when you have to be both parents. You have to be kind, sweet, nurturing and loving while also stern, strict and teaching him how to be a fine young man. I am so lucky he is turning out great. Good luck. It is hard especially because I have put my social life on hold for so long that now I don't even feel like dating....blah!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• u are never alone. if God gave u a child please belive he will help you 100 percent i'm not a single mother so i wont understand everything but if you ever just need anyone to talk to or just someone to vent to i'm here if you want you can get my # and call me. i don't know u but i love u and please remember you are never alone.
    miasmom2008

Answer by miasmom2008 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i was single for 12 yrs with 3 kids pretty much single even when married. it was super hard but i had no choice although when i was really young i had a choice either keep the baby or give him up. i gave him up cause i knew he was better off. i have never regretted it. he deserved so much then i could of provided and he is now in my life. i prayed a lot and the sense of peace i had made the decision easy to bare.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't know the answer to your question since I have never been in your shoes. I just know with God all things are possible. And you'll soon learn you're not alone you have the most precious gift in the world a baby who will love you unconditionally no matter how tough things get. And you'll learn you'll do anything for your child. You have friends you just don't know it yet. When you become a mom there's lots of support groups out there and of course Cafemom is a great place to get advice. You have a wonderful life ahead of you. Believe in yourself! You can do it!
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 12:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I did it. I found out I was pregnant on my 25th birthday in the ER after ex beat me up. It'll be hard, but hang in there girl!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Its hard, but you can do it. I've been there. same age too. Dont give up that baby needs you. But if you really feel like you can't handle it, there is always adoption. Nothing wrong with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009