Anyone have a 3 in 1 Infant -Toddler car seat? Sounds pratical but

when it's time to take baby out do you just transfer them into a stroller? Or just going into the house just carry them? With my first I had a infant car seat but they grow out of them so fast!!  Thanks for any advice

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well most places like grocery stores and walmart target all them have carts and u can just put them in the cart when they can sit on their own.. or they have the plastic infant seats built into the carts to use i had an infant car seat and a 3-in-1 i used the infant car seat till 6 months of age till she could sit on her own in the carts. but to go in the house i take her out first bring her upstairs put her in a swing or what not and bring what i need up. i only use the stroller if going to the mall really
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I use a sling.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I used an infant seat till he was six months just for the convienience of when he was sleeping but then I bought a 3 in 1 because he got to big and I just make sure I take a blanket with us to put in the carts I do also carry a stroller in the back of my car with me every where ya never know when you will need it I actualy got a small stroller just for that
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 1:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I bought 3 in 1 carseats for my grandchildren to use on our van. I had an infant car seat with our first g.child. Hated it - it was a waste since they grow out of them so quickly. When he was tiny, we kept a small, lightweight carrier in the back of the van that we transferred him into. Later, we had a padded shopping cart seat that fits into the shopping cart baby seat - it's soft and very well padded and totally covers the handle and the entire baby seat, When he was little he could lay "in" the padded cover. Later, he could sit up in it. Still, the 3 in 1 is way more practical than the other seat. We were able to use them until they no longer needed car seats. I also kept a lightweight umbrella stroller for the mall. Don't know if this will help you, but I personally feel that the infant seats are a waste of money. They can be so expensive and then they can't stay in them very long. God Bless!
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 3:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009