What if your child grew up wanting to BE the opposite sex?

Would you be supportive?

I would no matter what. I wouldn't look down upon her or disown her. She is still my child and I'll always love her no matter what she chooses for her life. As long as it isn't gang related or drug related. Even then I'd still love her and try to help her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats one of those question i cant answer honestly unless put in the situation. I'd love to say I'd love her anyway, because she would ALWAYS be my baby.

So, i'll go with i'd still love her. It would definitely be something that would take a long time to get use to. But i'd want my daughter to be happy.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• idk. that kinda freaks me out. i mean, not really freak me out i just dont think its right. i dont really know how to explain it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Man, you know what that's hard. I would probably mourn the loss of my daughter because she was my little girl and then I would be gaining a son. There is nothing in this world that would make me not love or be there for my little girl. As long as she's happy, I will always support her, I have unconditional love for her. I may not understand it, but that's not my job. My job is to support her and help guide her to make the right decisions. If she decides to do something like that, all I can do is support her and love her.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• That's a loaded question
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i would have to say i wold love kids no matter what ... i gave a lot ove gay peopl in my family and i am really close to. and all i want is for my kids to be happy and halthy.....
    lilangel19

Answer by lilangel19 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009