Maybe I am just dumb or something, but how can people say that Obama is taxing us when I haven't seen a difference since he became our president?

Where are we getting taxed differently than when Bush was President?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, my federal taxes went DOWN.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Geez, I guess no one can really prove it ha. So why are some people so quick to say things like "Obama is taxing us to death"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• People are concerned about the deficit and about future taxes. National health care is going to cost everyone, cap and trade, the carbon tax, national sales tax, excise taxes, these are all being talked about or bills pending in Congress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• They haven't been raised yet but will when he does let the tax cuts we have now expire for my family that will mean 400 a month less we will have. It will come straight out of what we donate we won't quit saving since now is the time to save. Cap and Trade, sin taxes proposed to pay for healthcare. There will be other taxes if Obama and the Democrats get their agenda passed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Cant you see he is out to destroy the whole world? LoL......Most people that will see a difference in taxes are the higher earners. I dont see why any one would complain about paying taxes as long as our children are all insured.
    There are other things however (like a national sales tax) that dont sit well with me. I have not seen a difference, but to be honest...I get most of my tax dollars back so I dont really consider myself a taxpayer anyway.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We did not receive the tax break that everyone was supposed to get a few months ago. We fell under the limit to qualify but just like I figured those who are upper middle class and higher will end up paying for everyone who earns less. I am dreading filing taxes in February.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If you make more, you should pay more, its simple economics....
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• People who make more already pay more in sales taxes, property taxes and income taxes. When does it stop and those who receive more than they give start to stand up and do their part? 10% of the population cannot sustain the other 90%. That is simple economics!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Where are we getting taxed differently than when Bush was President?

Tobacco increase, pending cap and trade, which will grossly increase the tax on your utility bills or hike your rent through the roof if your utilities are included, provided your landlord doesn't lose the property before the lease renewal, pending changes to farm tax which will raise the cost of food. That's not counting the healthcare disaster which will result in massive inflation when companies need to increase revenue to cover their new "private healthcare tax." And don't forget the unemployment increase, another cost passed on to employers who then need to raise the cost of services to cover it. Tax doesn't mean "income tax." The majority of the taxes you pay, you probably don't even pay attention to, but every time you buy something or use a service, some of that money is going to a tax, either directly or paid by the supplier.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................................

Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................shh

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009