Lead poisoning???

im freaking out! I have this metal necklace i have wore for two months, i noticed that by it there is a white round patch. So i took the necklace off and two weeks later the patch is still there and theres a rash all around it? it itches and burns, can you get lead poison this way through a necklace, or can this be a heat rash, climate change?..i dunno? i looked up symptoms for lead poison and it said there could be a rash but more than likely its other symptoms such as headaches, sickness, moodiness..things like that

Eveshalloween

Asked by Eveshalloween at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Health

• I would call the dermattologist
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you may have been allergic to the metal it was made of. Check with your PCP and then see a dermatologist.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 2:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You probably have a nickel sensitivity

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would say nickel not lead most likely. Was it a fairly cheap necklace? They often are nickel covered with other metals. I have a terrible time with any nickel earrings.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• thsnks ladies! it was nickel, and it was just a bad reaction..
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 10:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009