Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lead poisoning???

im freaking out! I have this metal necklace i have wore for two months, i noticed that by it there is a white round patch. So i took the necklace off and two weeks later the patch is still there and theres a rash all around it? it itches and burns, can you get lead poison this way through a necklace, or can this be a heat rash, climate change?..i dunno? i looked up symptoms for lead poison and it said there could be a rash but more than likely its other symptoms such as headaches, sickness, moodiness..things like that

Answer Question
 
Eveshalloween

Asked by Eveshalloween at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Health

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I would call the dermattologist
    RhiannonHunt

    Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • you may have been allergic to the metal it was made of. Check with your PCP and then see a dermatologist.
    Tygermommanikki

    Answer by Tygermommanikki at 2:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • You probably have a nickel sensitivity
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • I would say nickel not lead most likely. Was it a fairly cheap necklace? They often are nickel covered with other metals. I have a terrible time with any nickel earrings.
    aeneva

    Answer by aeneva at 7:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • thsnks ladies! it was nickel, and it was just a bad reaction..
    Eveshalloween

    Answer by Eveshalloween at 10:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN