My 15 month old isnt walking yet, whats with that?!

He isnt standing alone much either and will walk hold my hand but not alone? Did I do something wrong?

marlycat1210

Asked by marlycat1210 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• every child does this at a different rate. your dr will ask at his next apt. and if they show concern then they will help you with what to do after that. I dont think you did anything wrong. sometimes some kids jsut arnt ready yet and are stubborn, other times theres a problem that they will eventually figure out. if you are really concerned call the dr. otherwise do your best to encourage him. try and have him take a few steps b/w you and anothe rperson. have him walk back and forth. try holind out something he really wants to encourage him. walk him around by his hands. whenever you set him down, set him down standing up not sitting. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• are you trying to teach him at all? you might want to talk to the doctor
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don' think you did anything wrong. Kids all walk when they feel ready and when they feel they are steady on their feet. Play with him in a way that encourages him to stand alone or to take a few steps to you. Buy him a new favorite toy and see if that gets him to come to you. ONE toy that seems to help a lot of kids is a little ride on toy that he can push with his feet and make it go. It strengthens his legs and soon, he'll be standing up to get ON the ride. These are very
    IN-expensive at WalMart or KMart. But, 15 mos is NOT a late walker. I promise - he'll just take off walking when you least expect it. Working with him will encourage him to walk - but please don't think you did anything wrong. S ome children don't walk til 18 mos. God Bless..
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 5:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• All kids develop and hit mile stones at different ages. My cousin's daughter didn't start walking until she was around 16 months. My daughter on the other hand was crawling around 4-5 months and walking at 7 1/2 months, she's 16 months now and is running around. My friends daughter was walking around 11 months old.
    Babe587

Answer by Babe587 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009