Any mom's out there have kids that goto another state to spend summer break with their ex?

This is my son's first summer. I'm sad, depressed, I don't want to do anything. The stupid prick won't even let my son call!
He said"I'll let Ben call you if he wants to talk to you"(Ya, right! I wasn't born yesterday ya know!)

I'm putting this in the "Just for fun" category since this is where most of "my girls" seem to hang out late at night. Believe me there's nothing fun about this.

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh, I wasn't trying to say you abandoned your boy lol, that came out wrong. sorry. I was just telling you how the grown-ups make sure the kids communicate with all involved.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• *crickets chirping*
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No but my brother is in the same position as your ex. His ex-wife abandoned my nephew (5 years old and had just started kindergarten and my niece 5 months old). She left to Arizona from Ca. for a guy she met on the internet. My brother raised those kids 10 months out of the year for 9 years. Now because his ex has health insurance and the kids needed braces and they are older 14 and 11 they are living with there mom. When they are there it is hard at times to get them on the phone but all of the adults involved do a pretty good job at letting them talk on the phone. They send letters and gifts through the mail. Like right now my neice is here for the summer and she calles her mom whenever she wants (which is like twice a week). My nephew didn't come this summer because he joined football. I can't even tell you how my brother was for a few days but he just accepted that his son is older and has things he wants to do in his life
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My son used to go to his dad's for a month every summer and it just about killed me the first time. I hated it. But he was having a good time and getting to know his new step family so that helped. He was also allowed to call me whenever he wanted because my ex knew I'd hunt him down like a dog if he kept my boy from me.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 1:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My ex is a prick and won't let me talk to Ben. Boy, when he gets back, tables are gonna be turned! I ALWAYS made sure Ben called his dad 4 times a week whether he wanted to or not.
    I feel like my heart is broke in a million pieces. If I could just TALK to him, even for 2 lousy minutes!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have NO IDEA if he's having a good time because the prick won't let MY son call! This is his FIRST summer away from me! I don't know if he's brushing his teeth, saying his prayers, did he have a bad dream, does he like his grandma babysitting him(He usually HATES her babysitting him , he gets bored), Did he get to go swimming?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009