Does it seem like all the conservatives on CM are strangely silent about Republican Mark Sanfords affair? Wouldn't they be outraged and ripping him to shreds if he was a Democrat?

plainsmom71

Asked by plainsmom71 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL....you noticed that too huh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have not been strangley silent about it.He is wrong but I am really not too surprised.I mean take a look at society lately? lol Anyway,have fun stirring the kettle of drama don't go cyber karate chopping the other ladies up.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Of course, you aren't hearing about it, the repubs are the drama causing posters on CM, because it is a story about one of their own they want to hush it up, if it was a dem the bashfest would go on for weeks.
    They are rightfully embarrassed that one of their own was caught being so naughty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am a conservative and not surprised at all by any politician cheating on their spouse or doing anything else scandalous. I will not stand up for someone just because they have an R after their name. I think we can all agree that neither party is doing so hot in the morals department right now.
    2BZY

Answer by 2BZY at 1:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We figured we would let you Liberals tear him apart you are pretty good at that.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Could just be we don't care. He's not a presidential hopeful, he's, as people were so fond of saying about Palin, "just a governor." His constituents should care, and 99% of the country, Dem or Pub, are not his constituents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• "don't go cyber karate chopping the other ladies up."

Nothing cyber about it, TN, as I've said many times. Shoot me a message when you are in Lincoln, NE and I'll find an open gym.
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• "Could just be we don't care. He's not a presidential hopeful, he's, as people were so fond of saying about Palin, "just a governor." His constituents should care, and 99% of the country, Dem or Pub, are not his constituents."

You would care a lot more if he was a Democrat. That's the point the OP is trying to make I'm sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You would care a lot more if he was a Democrat. That's the point the OP is trying to make I'm sure.

And you know this because? Nothing more ignorant than a clueless anon making such broad statements without a shred of proof.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• good lord. speaking of drama....

i guess you could consider me a "conservative" and i think he is a low life jack wad for doing his family the way he did. politicians are people whether they are democrat or republican. they are going to be arrogant and make stupid choices. probably 90% of politicians shouldnt really be in office anyway. im not making a big deal about it because i never do. he is a jerk who made a stupid choice.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009