Why do we do this!?

end a relationship that you know is bad for you.

think that you made a GREAT decision and will leave it as is.

break off communication with whoever he was.

and then miss him and crave talking and making things work out again.

Why why whyyyy do I wanna find this guy again? He was so obnoxious but so damn sexy.. I just .. CANT stop thinking about him.

FRUSTRATED TO NO END

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Actually, I did this same thing, but I ended up leaving my ex for this guy and marrying him. It was the best decision I ever made. Who knows why we do it. On Dr. Phil today, he said don't end a relationship until you have no hurt, no anger, no anything towards the man or the relationship anymore and I think that most of us women forget to do that. I know I do.
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• haha cause its fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I do the same thing with my babys daddy! I tell people "WE ARE OVER FOR GOOD!" and we get back together the next day. My friends use the term on and off now. they dont think i can just walk away and keep it like that. I get tired of not talking to him and I miss him so much despite the huge ass hole he is. IDK whats wrong with us women! I wish I knew I think Im gonna turn gay just so I dont have to deal with mens stupid crap!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Whatever you do do not look him back up. It will really suck and then you won't even have the memories, they'll be tainted.
    I dated a guy in highschool and he went away to college and things were finally over. Damn him for coming back. All the warm n fuzzy memories were tainted buy this guy who was no longer ALL I had remembered him to be.
    We talked about getting back together and blah blah. We kissed after having not kissed him in a couple years and...... Well it sucked. Until then he was the best kisser ever! Now not so much.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you just haven't found a new lover yet, give it time it'll come but don't go back to something bad
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• OMG I'm in the same situation...every time it's "over" I either end up calling him or he will call me and it starts all over again. It's so hard to let go of someone you have feelings for though, and I think the reason I'm hanging on so tight is right now I don't have any other prospects. I mean I do care about him, but he's a great big jerk for the most part. Why do we always cling to the men who treat us badly? It really is frustrating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009