Does pediasure make toddler's poop red?

My son just started drinking peridasure strawberry flavor and his poops is been almost bloody looking red. Not solid poops but loose like and almost blood like looking...not spots of red all the color. (17 motnhs old )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im n0t sure. I gave muh 2m0nth 0ld...wh0 was 1m0nth at tha tyme sum. When she c0uldnt eat b4 her test. N nuthin lyke that happend.
    Jessica518

Answer by Jessica518 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Any drink with red coloring in it can cause your child's poop to be red. As long as it's all a solid red - I wouldn't worry - if it had threads of dark red , like blood running through it - then I'd be more concerned, but it if's all evenly red colored - the it's the strawberry drink . I used to drink V-8 juice a LOT and mine would turn ORANGE. So, don't worry unless it bloody. Hope this helps you out.
    God Bless you!!!
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 5:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter drinks pediasure.. the strawberry never caused her poop to be red but the chocolate does make it really dark, so its possible! If it worries you you could always call your pedi and ask.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yeah the color of the pedisure will make the poop adifferent color that is what my son is on due to him not eating at all and everytime we give him the strawberry one the poop is always a bright pinkish red color
    babyangelluv81

Answer by babyangelluv81 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009