diaper rash not getting better.

4 months old. ive been putting desitin on it for a week and it doesnt look like its getting better. what should i do?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try zinc oxcide cream and lots of airdry time.also have you tried a oatmeal bath. desitin made it ssssoooo much worse for my little guy hope yours feels better. also I have heard cornstarch or maylox work as well just dab it right on there. good luck
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• thanks, ill try that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• also a 50/50 combo on neosporin pain relief and vaseline works great. otherwise if its jsut not healing, try taking him to the dr, it could be a yeast infection. you could try jsut putting monistat on it, that helps. my son gets them when hes on an antibiotic,
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• it doesnt look like its hurting her its just really red. i thought she could be allergic to the diapers but its only on the lips of her vajayjay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Maybe its the wipes? I have to use pampers sensitive wipes for my DD. GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 1:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Try not using the wipes until the rash heals, even if she poops ( not the funnest thing).
    Also i've always found that balmax works better in my opinion. When nothing else works i always resort to corn starch.....the kind you make gravey with. Really does a good job to keep the area dry, not too much just a little and rub it in to cover the rash area. If it doesn't get better soon, i would call the doctor. Baby's get yeast infections all the time, because the air never rreally gets at them , and the diaper area is most of the time moist. Yeast infections will not heal on the're own. Good luck, hope little ones rash gets better soon. ;)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• ohhh sry, for got to write instead of wipes, use a wet facecloth, very gently.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• it might be eczema because that sometimes looks like a rash and it only goes away with prescription lotion

cassie1989b

Answer by cassie1989b at 2:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My grand daughter used to have terrible rashes - like sunburns!! I found that plain old fashioned VASELINE worked better than anything. I would bring her home with me for a few days (mom and dad had to work) and we would clear it up. The best thing about Vaseline is that - if the rash is painful or burning - Vaseline sort of "melts" onto the warm skin and it keeps the wetness away. It doesn't have to be "rubbed "on like zinc oxide and other creams. She cried when we did the cornstarch bath - in fact, she screamed!! (her's was like a burn) So, we just used Vaseline. It's perfectly safe to use and it really worked well. It always cleared the rash up quickly. Have you fed her anything new? New diapers, new wipes, anything like that? If not, then likely it's just plain old diaper rash. Of course, a trip to the doc. is in order if you can't clear it up or it gets much worse. God Bless you!!!
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Goofy name but it has worked everytime so far! (:
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009