can you take a 6.5 month old camping or have you taken a 6.5 month old camping?

my son is 6.5 months old and we want to go camping but i dont know about taking a little one just a first time mom and not sure if its okay

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We went last year, our LO was 6 months and it was fine. We made sure to bring the playpen so he would have a safe place to be when we had to get things done, like cooking or dishes. It was a blast! We went hiking too. Make sure to use bugspray, ok ped ok'd it, because we were worried. Don;t put it on hands or near eyes or mouth. We also had a 2 yr and 9 yr old. :)
    Have fun and happy camping.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• it is fine if u want to do it my husband goes to glamis (sand dunes) alot and i refuse to take the kids when they r in diapers just because it is a hassle u have to make sure u dispose of the babies diapers really well cause animals can smell it and it doesnt scare them it attracts them lol
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 1:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We just went camping this past weekend and my sister brought her 3 month old and he was fine. Just bring all his supplies and my advice is over-prepare!! It was fun :)
    MommasHereBaby

Answer by MommasHereBaby at 1:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My dd's first camping trip was when she was about 9 months old. My second dd was 2 month's old, again fine. She was the smallest capmer to ever camp on those camp grounds.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my first two kids went camping with in the first month of thier lives and were fine make sure you take the essentials. now my 3rd is almost 7 months and we havnt got out yet
    Have fun!!
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 2:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• like they said, over prepare. its fine, but you have to take alot more stuff. and dont forget the baby friendly mosquito spray!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• we went and my dd was 5 months.... in alaska in February! So everythng was still frozen and we loved it! She basically stayed in the van (it was between 10 to -15 outside) and we just started it up and ran if for a few hours at a time. In there she was safe from the bears, the cold and everything. All bundled up and every now and then we took her out during the warm parts of the day. I over prepared like they all said and we burned her diapers... prob not supposed to do that but its ALASKA and we were caming in the river. There weren't any mosquitos so Idk about that one!
    Anyways, GL and have fun!!!! He will enjoy it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My first born was camping at 2 months old and my second was camping at 6 weeks old. We camp in a pop up camper, but we don't go to campgrounds. We just pull off the road in the National Forest most the time.

As long as you keep them out of the sun and have proper protection from bugs then it isn't a big deal. I would make sure you have a good baby sling or other carrier.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think it would be wonderful and a great experience for you and for him! :)
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009