Can your SO get a yeast infection?

i had a yeast infection and befor i got treated me and SO had sex, last night was the first time since i was treated that we had sex and i think i am getting it back, so can your SO have a yeast infection and give it to you, even if they dont have symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Health

• they can carry the virus so if you get treated he should too because you will continue to get it if not. Also have him shower right before youhave sexthat would decrease your risk of contact.
    cassie1989b

Answer by cassie1989b at 3:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• not that common but yes he needs to go to the doctor and get treated unless you want to keep treating yourself which I'm sure you don't. That or it could be a different kind of infection did you go to the doc? If not I would just go in and get it checked.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yes they can.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yep, we have passed it back and forth to each other a time or two. It usually will present itself as a rash on his shaft, itchiness, and flaky skin. When that happens, we usually will get a diflucan prescription because the OTC stuff does not work well on men.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• thank you guys for the answers, we were plannin on going to the doc. i just didnt wanna make a fool of myself by thinking that lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009