Pagans, if you needed to see a therapist for whatever reason

would you like to see a pagan therapist or would it matter? I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on this. I'm listening to PCP and there is a pagan therapist discussing why some pagans may perfer a pagan therapist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If the therapist is any good at their job, I should have absolutely no clue what their religion is.

This is so true.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If I needed a therapist it would be nice to have one of the same religious views.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't really care, unless the person started trying to push their religion on me. Honestly, I don't care what religion someone is. There job isn't to talk about their religion and that sort of thing, it's to help people. If the subject comes up, that's fine. I don't care to talk about religion. It's just when people get pushy that I get annoyed. If this makes no sense, I apologize. I haven't been to bed because dd is teething again.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I want someone who is good at their job.  Religion isn't an issue unless they try to insult my beliefs or push theirs on me.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If they were pushing their beliefs or telling me that mine were the root of my problems or something I would have an issue, but most I have been to don't do that. Now if I knew a therapist was pagan or atheist then I would probably try them first over a christian.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• As long as they are "Pagan Friendly" I don't care. My last therapist was awesome and introduced me to the enagram theory. It really helps me deal with the dynamic drama that is the relationship with my mother. If you're interested check out THIS link. She wasn't Pagan, but it did make me feel better that she had an ancient Goddess statuette on her desk.

paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have seen quite a few therapists since I was a child. None of them have ever talked about religion or even asked about mine. I think if there was a situation where religion could or would come up then I would prefer one that understood my views. But really I just want one that is going to do their job well, just because they are Pagan doesn't make them a decent therapist!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• As long as they listened and did their job without preaching I wouldnt care(that goes for any belief system including Pagan LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• As long as the person is qualified and we get along, I wouldn't care what religion they are.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009