WHAT CHORES SHOULD A 6 & 9 YR OLD BE DOING AROUND THE HOUSE?

CLEAN PICK UP

JYL

Asked by JYL at 4:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a 6 and 9 year old.The 6 year old helps take care of all the animals and picking up toys.My 9 year old helps pick up around the house and sometimes helps with dinner.I want them to be kids and have fun!
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 4:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter is 9 and she feeds the fish every morning. She also likes to sweep and sometimes even vacuum, but not really her chores. I have her pick up her laundry sometimes or help me fold her clothes when it's washed.
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 4:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have an 8 yr old. She puts her clean clothes away and cleans her room. She does other things that aren't really her chores but she likes to sweep and load the dishwasher. She's the laundry helper too.
    qtmomof2

Answer by qtmomof2 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• sweep, vacuum, laundry (swappig and folding), keeping room clean, dust, weed, etc
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My DD is 6, she cleans her room by herself, picks up toys in the living room, and sometimes vaccuums if she wants...I don't make her, but she likes to vaccuum. The cleaning her room and picking up toys in the living room is her job because she makes most of the messes!
    Ohiomomto2

Answer by Ohiomomto2 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have a 7 and 9 year old, 7yld, cleans the table off and brings her laundry down and makes bed, 9yld,takes garbage out,brings laundry down, and makes bed.
    LiabraLady1965

Answer by LiabraLady1965 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my kids are 6 and 7, they wipe down the kitchen table, pick up their toys, put their laundry away, vacuum, feed the animals, put their dirty dishes in the sink, make their beds, put their dirty laundry in the laundry room.

My kids also time to time ask to do other thing like wash the laundry (load and unload the washer/dryer), wash dishes, and wipe down the toilet/sink..... I let them, with my guideness, and make sure that I don't try to over correct them. Of course it's messy when they do it, but I figure it's better to let them, do it with my help, then tell them no they are to small... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have a 6 year old and an 8 year old. Here are their chores: Clear the breakfast table, wash the dishes, feed the dogs,run the sweeper in the living room, sweep the floor in the kitchen, dining room and entry, make their beds, wipe out the sink with a bathroom wipe, and clean up the dog poop from the backyard. They get paid $2 each a week for doing their chores. If they do something extra, like pulling weeds from the garden, or shoveling snow in the winter ( they're really good at that) they get extra money.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My 6 & 8 year old are responsible for their room, the dishes, and picking up any messes they make throughout the day. When it comes time for "real" cleaning then usually I let them pick from the list of chores. My 6 yr old loves to clean the bathroom so that is usually what she does, my 8 year old has a thing for wiping off tables and dusting so thats usually her job.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 11:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• my boys clean their playroom, bedroom. bathroom, they also clean the living room. they also vacuum rooms after they clean. they also take out thrash and recycling ( this is their summer chores) where they have more energy they i know hwat to do with them

during school year they have to keep their playroom and bedroom clean and keep their bathroom tidy

6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 12:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2009