am i weird???

my DH is a truck driver so he is not home alot. so i pretty much have my own schedual and way of doing things. we have a 2month old daughter and he is great with her. ever since dd was born hubby has worked in town wich is great and a great help. but latly he has been getting alot of days off, i enjoy spending time with him, but i miss me and dd's play dates and trips to the lake. everytime i wanna go somewhere or dont wanna go with him somewhere ,he goes on this whole trip about family time and family activities. how do i tell him i miss my routine and my stuff,without hurting his feelings??(also hard cus we only have one car)

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 3:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE A HEART TO HEART TALK W/HIM ADN THAT IT IS REALLY NOT HIS NOR HIS FAULT! HE MIGHT FEEL GUILTY FOR NOT BEING AROUND AND MISSING AOUT MUCH MOSTLLY FOR THE BABIE B/C THEY GROW FAST. SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GEVE HIM A CHANCE, PLAN FAM. A SET DATE AND A SET DATE FOR ONLY YOU AND HTE BABIE, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET A FAMILY OR A FRIENS YOU CAN TRUST TO BABYSIT FOR AN HOUR OR TWO SO YOU GUYS CAN GO FOR A WALK AND TAKL AND GET RECONECTED.
    DO KNOW THIS, HE IS A GOOD MAN FOR WANTING TO SPEND TIME W/HIS FAMILY!!!!
    Sincitymamy

Answer by Sincitymamy at 3:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• well just tell him that you miss time alone with your dd duh........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Can you try to incorporate him into your playdates and lake trips? Not all, necessarily, but some. I'd also just explain to him that you and your dd do these things when he's not around and that even though you love spending time with him, you also don't want to be gone too long from your activities b/c then when he's not around, you'll feel like you're starting all over with getting back into them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I wish I was in your shoes...my dh works so hard that he rarely has time to spend with us...I wish he could find the time to slow down and enjoy family time together. I know that yo deserve to have your routine but you can still have your time, just by talking to him and getting him to understand...but in the meantime, enjoy what you have because there's a lot of people out in this world that wish they had what you have!
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 3:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009