could this be labor or am i dialating more

I am 38 week 1 day and dialated 2 cm. every since monday i been cramping and havin diharrea.. Also the pain in my varginal area is starting to get really painful wen i get out of bed it hurts so bad i wanna cry and i can't sleep at all and my stomach has been tighten since yesterday.. wat could this be because my doctor said it might be from the diharrea thats why i feel this way but i don't think so and wen i go to the hosptial they always send me home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think you should call to be on the safe side that happened to me to they sent me home said i wasn't dialated enough the next time they induced me
    cassie1989b

Answer by cassie1989b at 4:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you're getting ready to have a baby mama. Most women don't actually feel their cervix dilating. That pressure and pain in your pelvis you are feeling is your ever-growing baby. The baby "could" be engaging in your pelvis. The diarrhea could be some bug you caught or could be your body clearing itself out in preparation for birth. Not being able to sleep is VERY typical at the end of pregnancy. My theory is that it is preparing you for nights with a newborn.

The time to go to the hospital is when your contractions are 4 minutes apart (from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next) and last 1 minute long for a period of 1 hour. That's the rule of 4-1-1.

Are you staying well hydrated? Sometimes our uteruses get "cranky" and cramp up. A big culprit is being dehydrated. It takes lots of water for us prego moms.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009