How do you stay strong, for your kids when things fall apart around you?

How do you stay strong for the kids, when you really want to fall apart? And how do you keep things moving so that the kids dont know you are really upset or hurting on the inside?

MOMofTwo_99_00

Asked by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• My SO deployed and I went crazy! My dd was 8 months old and I ended up in the hospital... realized she was the one to keep me going and I had to go on for her. Now it's been a year. Idk how old your kids are but I would sit and hold my dd and that always cheered me up and gave me the strength and courage for the rest of the day or week. Some people turn to their religion or God for help... I also find trying to distract yourself helps..... idk what kind of situation you are really talking about but that is how I made it through for my daughter when my entire world turned upside down. I'm nowhere near family or have any friends really so I had nowhere to turn.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I Pray ALOT!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 8:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Focus on the children when they are awake...fall apart while they are sleeping.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Lots of distraction hun. thats how i get thru things
    ttfnt20

Answer by ttfnt20 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009