is it normal to have wierd cravings?

im only 6 weeks and a few days and im already craving wierd things that i have never even liked to eat before.... is that normal for being so early into my pregancy?

shayetrosclair

Asked by shayetrosclair at 4:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yup! i craved Taco bell but if I wasn't craving it I would puke at the smell. My worst craving was chocolate and ranch dressing... not so great and i don't recommend it!
    Congrats on baby!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yes i craved for the smell of laundry detergent and paint chips lol i was wierd....i nevr puked or anything through out my whole pregnancy i also loved naco cheese on everything me and hubby even used it on each other lol......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yes! I craved blue cheese (which i hate) and onions! However, if you start to crave things that are not normally edible (such as dirt, paint, laundry soap, lots of ice, etc) then you may be developing a condition called Pica and you need to tell your doc as this is a sign of a vitamin deficiency. Normal food cravings are just that tho.. normal. Where do you think all the jokes about pickles and ice cream when pregnant come from? :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009