2 month and suckin wrist

okay my son who is two months and two weeks started sucked his wrist he started this like maybe a week ago and we try to pull his wrist away and let him suck his binky(pacifier) but he just spits it out and continue to suck his wrist or fingers.we feed him thinking he is hungry but after he finish and burped and full he goes right on again and sucked his wrist I mean we even tried putting on his mittens to avoid this but he just continue to suck...i dont understand my "mil" says that he might be teething but isnt he too young to start teething? Well my mom started teething at 2 months so he just might be..But he doesnt seem irratated or has a fever or anything like that so what eles could it be? or could this be the begining of signs of him about to cut his first tooth..so should i get ready for the water works and irratation and maybe fever? what can i do if he is teething to help out and make this less painful for him? thanx

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some babies start this early, some have not syptoms of fever or irritablity. Some are fussy, fevers the works.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I do not know if your child is teething but my baby is 9 weeks old and he has just started sucking on his wrists too. I, like you, thought he was hungry but even after he is fed he continues to suck on his wrists and fists. If he is teething I will be so shocked.
    PatricksMama07

Answer by PatricksMama07 at 5:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My son is two months and he sucks his fists all the time, no matter if he's full or not. It's just like a toddler sucking their thumb, it's comfort. Just leave it be. He's not teething, he just likes to suck on his wrists. You can't pull him away all the time so you might as well let him do it.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• oh its a natural baby thing. My daughter has been sucking on her hands and wrist for a couple months. During one of my daughters physical therapy sessions we were just talking to her PT about everything goes in her mouth and she told us to let her do it. She is checking out new textures. She is 4 months now and about 2 weeks ago has become a thumb sucker. We always said that if she could find her thumb she would suck on it and she did. She never wants a pacifier just ther hands and now her thumb.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009