what i am to do?

i love my son but hate the fact taht he looks just like his db dad...i mean i carried him for nine whole mnths and he doesnt ook like me at all...i just know he will become a better man than what his "so called dad" is and has been but i dont get it...when people see us in public then look at us like " where did she get that baby from he looks nothing like her" ...example giving one afternoon me and my sister where out shopping at the market i had my son in my arms and the lady just assumed that my son was my sister's just becasue she is light skinned and my son is light skined and she said this" aww your little boy mixed huh"? looking right at my sister like i was just holding him for her...she turned and said oh thats my nephew the lady looked surprised and smile and said ohhhhh....i get it all the time...i even get that he looks like my mother no one ever says he looks like me.... i love him though..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry about that! Unfortunately, you can't change genetics. It's the way his all fell together while you were carrying him. That really does suck though! You never know, maybe when he gets older he'll start to look more like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my son looks like his db dad. Nothing like me. He has black hair and hazel eyes. In fact, he is the only one in my family that has black hair. He may look like his db dad but he has my intelligence and personality..thank goodness he got the important features from me.

Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My nephew looked just like his mom when he was born, and now looks like a mirror image of his father now that he's older. Perhaps the same will happen here in reverse!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yeah, can't change how he looks. In my case it's funny because my daughter is the only one without blue eyes. All my boys have blue eyes. So when we go places people think that my boyfriend is her bio father because they both have brown eyes. She actually looks like her dad who is my ex husband.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 3:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009