Do you always bathe your kids after going to a pool?

Normally my girls get a bath every other night, but recently we've been going to the pool every day. I wonder if it's ok to keep bathing them every other night or if I should give them a bath on each day that we've been to the pool.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 6:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• They need a bath after going in the pool to wash off the chemicals from the pool water.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yes ma'am. The chlorine in pools can be very damaging to skin and hair.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I used to have my sons shower off in the changing room before we left the pool. They still had a bath every night- they got grubby between pool time and bed time.

Answer by Bmat at 8:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Nope. But then again the pool we like to go to is a salt pool.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Nope. I never did as a kid and neither do my kids. We go swimming almost every day since we have a pool in our yard.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Definitely give them a bath. If it's a public pool, it's super important to get them clean. But, mainly it's a good idea to get the chlorine off their skin and an even better idea to get it out of their hair. If you put sunscreen on them, then that's the best reason of all to bath them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I definitely want my child to wash off the toxic pool chemicals

Answer by rkoloms at 2:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Definitely ... my son has sensitive skin and I don't want the pool chemicals to give him a reaction.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009