If you knew that your friend got a job in a abortion clinic...would you discourage from getting the job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would discourage her. When I was younger a friend of my moms got a job in an abortion clinic when she was staying with my mom. She was given a list of everything she needed to do while she worked at the clinic. Some of the things I could remember was to put bars on the window of the place you are living along with each day taking a different route from work to home and vise versa. My mom told her that she could not work the job because she can not put my moms family in harms way. She didnt take the job.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The type of job she got is for receptionist. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If she is just a receptionist then why would you discourage her? She is not performing the abortion. And why is it your business how someone earns money to raise there family?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No need to discourage I think it is a job as any other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If she is just a receptionist then why would you discourage her?

So if she is not directly related with the procedure this will make it Ok. What about the demonstrations or the hate mail that occur in this places?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• What about the hate mail and demonstrations? Can she not handle it? Does is happen once a week? Once amonth? Once in a Blue Moon? Don't get involved in someone elses means of an income. If you can support them then go ahead but if you can't then stick you r head in the sand and let her make a living!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Meh, I wouldn't condone her. Gift giving would be easier for holidays and birthdays(kevlar vest, bullet proof glass) And I would tell her to PLEASE be extra careful!
    This was a really good question! I mean it really gets ya to think ya know?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would say it is up to her. As her friend, your duty may involve telling her the pros and cons of working there, the dangers that may arise, and so on, but in the end it is her choice, and her business. In this economy, beggars can't be choosers.
    crystees_mom

Answer by crystees_mom at 7:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Unless she was stuggling with the decision, then I would not discourage her. Most "abortiion" clinics are actually women's health clinics that serve women for female health, birth control and family planning. These women's health clinics get a bad name as "abortion" clinics by people who do not educate themselves on the other valuable services that are provided. I don't think anyone is against 99% of what goes on there and when some anti-abortion lunatic bombs or shoots up a women's health clinic they forget there there are women there who just don't have medical insurance and are there for a pap, birth control, STD testing or a pregnancy check before they are refered to a OB.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I am completly pro-life, but most likely she needed a job, and as bad as I hate it, people are going to keep getting them. I mean she may need to help out her family. To be honest, this is like asking if you would discourage her from getting a job at a vet's office because they put pet's to sleep there too. I mean I hope I make sense but I see it as her life, if she can deal with it, then support her decision.
    halliebug

Answer by halliebug at 7:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009