What is your most memorable scene from a movie?

Somewhere in Time - when Richard sees Elise's picture in the Hall of History.

jdzc820

Asked by jdzc820 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Notebook-When Noah is quoting Walt Whitman to Allie. They are both elderly at this point and she doesn't remember who he is but it's sweet to see how Noah remembered the little things to keep their love alive.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Oh too many to list here but,

When Rocky beats Tommy Gun, the young man he was training that turned on him, I think Rocky 5.
    Dirty Dancing....No one puts Baby in the corner.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Oh gosh...I could spam your entire question with memorable scenes.

-The first time you see Jack Sparrow in POTC1. He is the definition of smoldering.
    -When Atreyu and Falcor see the Ivory Tower after Fantasia has been destroyed in The Neverending Story. Gives me chills just thinking about it. "Falcor! The Ivory Tower!" *booming music*
    -The waxing scene in The 40-year-old Virgin. "AAAUGH KELLY CLARKSON!"
    -"Luke, *I* am your father."
    -The entire movie Hairspray. Story of my life.
    -In ET, where Gerdy first sees him and shrieks. She runs screaming through the little hallway, and then you see ET run screaming after her with his hands up. HILARIOUS.
    -A Bug's Life: "Harry don't look at the light!" "I can't help it, it's so beautiful...*zap* AUGHHH!"
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• And another...

-When Charlton Heston discovers the Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes
    -The candy-world scene in the original Willy Wonka
    -When Andy Dusfrane finally escapes from Shawshank.
    -"The Cell Block Tango" in Chicago.
    -The big reveal in Phantom of the Opera, where you finally see his face.
    -When Patch Adams grants an old woman's wish to let her swim in a pool full of noodles.
    -Pretty much all of Moulin Rouge.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The Notebook - Ally & Noah go on a rowboat to feed some ducks it starts the rain when they get back to the dock Ally asks Noah why didnt u come after me it wasnt over for me & Noah explains that he wrote to her every single day for a year & says it's still not over & kisses her

Along Came Polly - When Ruben & Polly go on their 1st date & Ruben has dhiarria (sp) at Polly's place but she has no toilet paper so he uses her lofa & a handtowel to unclog the toilet!

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• In Princess Bride:
    When Westley tells the kidnapper that the word doesn't mean what he thinks it means.

In Galaxy Quest:
    When the Captain does his roll move and the girl says Does that really help?

Gone with the Wind:
    The first time that Rhett walks down the steps

My Cousin Vinny:
    When Vinny and girlfriend are sitting at the counter and decide to have Breakfast- their choices being Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper! LOL!

Jumping Jack Flash:
    When Whoopi is in the phone booth

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Steel Magnolias:

When Sally Field flipped out at Shelby's funeral. I BOO HOO every time I see it. Ripped my heart out and then threw rocks at it.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Older movies: Dirty Dancin- "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!"
    Pretty Woman- the end when Richard Gere is her "knight on a white horse" & makes her dream come true.
    Newer movie- Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins the end where Roscoe & his son vote Bianca outta their tribe & even the dog won't come to her. Then he dumps all her luggage in the middle of the rd. (I would SO do somethin like that! Lol)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 8:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At the end of the movie Powder when he runs through a field, gets hit by lightening and then disappears.
    Princess Bride- When Andre the Giant said "Anybody want a peanut"
    Forrest Gump- I'll take care of you Jenny, You and little Forrest come live with me at my house.
    Employee of the Month- At the kid's birthday party when someone pops a party popper and Andy Dick screams "What the F*ck"
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Facing the Giants....when the wife comes out of the clinic and they have just told her again that she's not pregnant, and she looks up and says " I will still love you Lord" and the nurse comes running out and tells her they mixed up the tests and she is pregnant....I cry like a baby every time I watch it.....
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009